Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
For Sale and Wanted / 1975 Repowered P30 For Sale
« Last post by pawhitman on August 15, 2018, 04:36:23 PM »

Our P30 is for sale;

Repowered with Beta 20. Super reliable and sips diesel.
New transmission, PSS, cutlass bearing, shaft.
New main and gennie. New roller furler.
Limited use: occasional day sails, a couple weeks in the summer.
Buy now and use our mooring in Southern Maine for the rest of the season.
Asking $12,500 or best offer
Introductions / Re: New P34 owner in New Hampshire
« Last post by Alma on August 15, 2018, 04:35:26 PM »
Good luck. Most of your Pearson questions can be answered here. The 323's have internal ballast. If you have reasonable expectations you may stoke your excitement for 20 years like many of us have. Fads come and go- solid boats like the Pearsons endure.
« Last post by cswilson_1967 on August 14, 2018, 09:52:09 PM »
Bavaria is a great boat. But the whole rigging is quite different on this keel/centerboard Pearson. it's a new world for me moving away from the common sailing school/charter boats.
« Last post by Alma on August 14, 2018, 08:48:04 PM »
Bavaria isn't a bad boat.
Introductions / Re: Bought P323 for $1!!
« Last post by cswilson_1967 on August 14, 2018, 06:18:54 PM »
Sounds like a few of us are in the same boat, literally and figuratively. The P34 I just bought was well cared for, but has been sitting out of the water for years (the previous owner passed away). He kept and filed literally everything about the boat, including the original owners manual, which contained real blueprints for the boat. After spending last Saturday with my wife deep cleaning mold and mildew and replacing the disgusting head with a shiny new throne for my queen (we've been married 25 years so she's happy with that now), the next major issue is that every port light leaks. And the boat isn't even in the water yet. So I'm looking over the cool owners manual that is written with a typewriter (two columns in places) and has hand drawn diagrams (quite a work of art really), on the blueprints I found that the port lights were from Beckson. So I goodled them and guess who is still in business just down the road in CT? Steve there was super helpful and new every port and model number they sold to Pearson. A simple search and I have all new ports EXACTLY the same dimensions and through bolt holes in exactly the same places as they were 30-odd years ago. That is amazing. They will arrive tomorrow. Wow. I only ordered them this morning. If you haven't discovered Defender.com already, you need to. A great place for good discounts on all things sailboat. Beckson referred me to them actually and saved me a lot of money. How cool is that? I have found some great threads on replacing ports on this forum, so have a good look around when you come to doing that little job. Will be interested to follow your progress with your boat. Craig
Introductions / New P34 owner in New Hampshire
« Last post by cswilson_1967 on August 14, 2018, 05:59:03 PM »
After years of sailing other people's boats, I just took the big leap and bought my first sailboat (#056). I haven't been this excited since I was 10 and got a Schwinn 10-speed bike for Christmas. Lots to learn and figure out (this sure ain't a Beneteau or Bavaria...), but these forums have already been super helpful.
Introductions / Re: Bought P323 for $1!!
« Last post by T_schlueter on August 09, 2018, 09:47:07 PM »
Hi Meaghan,
I bought hull 58 about 6 wks ago and have yet to have a successful sail! I'm on a steep learning curve and things keep breaking. I have many of the same issues you have so keep posting your progress. It's quite helpful!

Tim
Engine, Fuel System, & Drive System / Re: Tachometer Quit
« Last post by Rusty Pelican on August 06, 2018, 10:05:23 PM »
Thanks, but I have a full panel as well for spares.
« Last post by Bill1188 on August 06, 2018, 06:11:04 PM »
I have a complete MD 11 and instrument panel in my garage. Let me know what you need.
« Last post by Rusty Pelican on August 06, 2018, 07:49:58 AM »
Thanks guys for the quick response.

The alternator works fine, the connections over all and at the sender are fine. Connections are good
The sender is not putting out any juice.
The crux of my problem is what piece of hardware on the Sender assembly do I need to replace.
It's a funny looking assembly.
I can get a new sender, not sure that will do the trick 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10