Author Topic: Fuel cutoff MD11c  (Read 5192 times)

jwspeck

• P323
  • P323 New Owner (Apr 2014)
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: Lucky Mud
  • City: San Francisco
  • State: CA
Fuel cutoff MD11c
« on: July 29, 2015, 08:43:26 PM »
In monkeying about with the engine, I started to wonder how the fuel cut-off works on the MD11c as I was wondering if mine somehow got messed up and is actually causing the engine fuel problems.

There is a piece of metal on a rocker. When I pull my control line it pulls the top of the lever so that it is straight vertical and the bottom of the metal lever contacts a metal pin that sticks out the engine.

Is that pin supposed to push in to the engine? Mine doesn't. It sticks out about an inch and doesn't budge. Or does the metal lever contacting the pin close some sort of electrical connection?

I've looked through the volvo manuals that people have pointed me to and I can't find the section that talks about how the fuel cut-off works or is plumbed.

Any help?

Rusty Pelican

• P323
  • http://rustypelican.blogspot.com/
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Rusty Pelican
  • City: Hingham
  • State: MA
Re: Fuel cutoff MD11c
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 11:10:08 AM »
The pin is designed to push into the engine, which cuts off the fuel thus stopping the engine.
The process is entirely mechanical

jwspeck

• P323
  • P323 New Owner (Apr 2014)
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Lucky Mud
  • City: San Francisco
  • State: CA
Re: Fuel cutoff MD11c
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 11:39:34 PM »
Ah, thanks! I think my pin is jammed open :/ I saw on the schematic there is a spring and other thing in that hole. I wonder if I can I fix this without a major disassembly of the block...