Author Topic: Happy New Year 323 Owners  (Read 6175 times)

Dave

• P323
  • P323 hull #376
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
Happy New Year 323 Owners
« on: January 01, 2014, 10:25:21 AM »
I am looking forward to 2014.  What are your 323 plans for 2014?

We are hopeful to be moving this year. It is mostly for professional reasons and to get our son set to attend an outstanding middle school. Along with that we would be changing the location of our boat from Panama City Florida to Brunswick Georgia. It would also cut our boat commute from 3 hours to 15 minutes after we settle into a new home.

Looking to have a bottom paint done this summer after we sail her around Florida.
Dave

adventurer, ex-hippy, good timer, (crook? quite possibly), manic self-publicist, terribly bad at personal relationships, often thought to be completely out to lunch

Sea Haven

Re: Happy New Year 323 Owners
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 10:37:42 AM »
Happy New Year!

I hold much hope for the year as well.

As this is our 2nd year with SEA HAVEN, we're still working out the bug's, tending to the Surveyors list, and upgrading per the list on this other thread:
Late Season hauling-Winter Projects
I most likely keep her to the confines of Long Island Sound, perhaps a trip into lower Manhattan to visit GODSEA.

Oh yeah, I do like to hit the World's Fair Marina so I can walk across the parking lot into CitiField to watch my beloved Met's lose a game lol!! But still worth the trip!!

Next year we plan to make Block Island and venture up the New England coast.

"Sub" Ed

The Great Godsea

• P323
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: The Great Godsey
  • City: New Rochelle
  • State: NY
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 04:00:13 PM »
Guys, i just want to tell you. Buying this boat, learning to (well, beginning to learn to) handle it, meeting you all, was such a really fantastic, surprising gift last year. and its the gift that keeps on giving.  "Boat think" has taken over all of my available non structured time. i wake up thinking about what all the projects i can do. this morning, it was trying to imagine how i'm going to fix that swing out bathroom sink... FIRST THING IN MY MIND when i woke up. and its like that every day.
so for 2014, all i want  is to grow as a sailor and add to this new mountain of memories i'm lucky enough to be building now. i look forward to getting together Ed (and the rest of you if we can all work it out).

i just can't believe it. took me 50 years to figure out  that the thing i've really always wanted to do, is sail....

Happy New Year everyone... and smooth sailing to you all.

Wandering_bill

• P323
  • Hull #193 'Wanderer'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 07:54:38 AM »
Happy New Year!
My plans for 2014 include fitting 'Wanderer' out for some liveaboard cruising with solar panels, an arch, and refrigeration. Then, a trip to the Bahamas!
Www.sailingwanderer.com