Author Topic: Refrigeration  (Read 6916 times)

Dulcinea

• P323
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: Dulcinea
  • City: Mamaroneck
  • State: NY
Refrigeration
« on: April 11, 2012, 09:26:34 PM »
Has anyone fitted a refrigeration unit to their ice box?  Interested in which unit you used. Adler Barbour?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:57:20 AM by SeaFever »

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
  • Vessel Name: Dolce Vita
  • City: Pasadena
  • State: MD
Re: Refrigeration
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 11:03:24 PM »
My PO installed an EZ-Kold holding plate system.  It has impressive energy consumption specs (only 30 to 36 Amp-Hrs per day), but requires a well-insulated box to achieve this.  My icebox is unaltered from the factory, and has inadequite insulation, as with most production boats. I place a 1-inch foam panel on the countertop, and it gets quite cold underneath. 

But the real problem is the wall up against the engine room.  It gets HOT in there.  I plan to inject foam behind the plywood, and then put another inch or two on top of the plywood.  We'll see how it goes.  Meanwhile, we use ice and the regrigeration together.  Works much better than just ice alone. 
@(^.^)@  Ed
1977 P-323 #42 "Dolce Vita"
with rebuilt Atomic-4

SeaNoEvil

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • City: Stratford
  • State: CT
Re: Refrigeration
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 01:54:14 PM »
Hello,
I see this is an old post but I was looking for the dimensions of the icebox installed in the Pearson. I would also like to install a cold plate in the ice box.
Those are very good tips on insulation DVita. That's something I can do even while I'm researching.

Thanks