Author Topic: New Member and New Owner of Pearson 31-2 in Maine  (Read 1607 times)

MEboater

• P31
  • Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P31
  • Vessel Name: Ardent
  • City: Westbrook
  • State: ME
New Member and New Owner of Pearson 31-2 in Maine
« on: March 09, 2023, 11:52:39 AM »
Look forward to learning more in this group.  I acquired Ardent (formally Great Scott) in February 2023.  Hull #73.

My goal over time is to cruise the entire Maine coastline, then eventually expand to some trips along New England coast.  I looked at and crewed on a number of different boats and settled on the 31-2.  She's on the hard in Yarmouth, ME and I'll be keeping her this summer on a mooring at Safe Harbor Great Island.  I'm also a scuba diver so hope to do some diving.  Particularly interested in wrecks.

Upgrades I'm considering:
-new upgraded battery bank
-wifi/cell booster antennas
-solar
-bimini
-eventually plan to upgrade instrumentation w/ nmea 2000
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 07:36:20 AM by MEboater »

Last Resort

• P31
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Last Resort
  • City: Spanish, Ontario, Canada
  • State: ON
Re: New Member and New Owner of Pearson 31-2 in Maine
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 09:54:18 PM »
Welcome and hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours!!!  Lots of info here you'll be needing, and if you can't find what you're looking for here, I also hang out, learn and inform on the Google Pearson Group    https://groups.google.com/g/pearson-boats   . There's lots to learn from the 2 sites here and there!!!  ENJOY!!!!

MEboater

• P31
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Ardent
  • City: Westbrook
  • State: ME
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 07:30:51 AM »
Thank you very much!  Yes, am learning a lot from online resources.  The community seems eager to help and feedback has been useful.

Last Resort

• P31
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Last Resort
  • City: Spanish, Ontario, Canada
  • State: ON
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 09:30:46 PM »
I read your updated edit, and I've done all those upgrades except for the WIFI...that to come maybe :)  I've switched to lithium batteries, full canvas with the solar panel on top of the back bar.  And have added a few more upgrades or replacements as well, including mainsail bag, new stanchions, etc., plasteak toe rails, etc.  :)      BTW, I still have the originals should anyone want them FREE!!!!  Just have to get them from Southern Ontario, or can arrange Pittsburgh area :)