Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Engine and Drive Train / MD C11 puking oil at >5 hour run over 2400 RPM
« Last post by Frankx on August 03, 2022, 03:26:23 PM »
I had an 8 day cruise of my '78 323 and motored quite a bit.  I had a recurring problem of running engine at or above 2200 RPM >5 hours or so and dropping oil pressure. Each time secured engine and found oil collected in pan under engine.  Replaced oil, restarted and engine ran fine. Each time, restarted and ran without issue.  At less than 2000 RPM runs without issue for 10 or more hrs.  Haven't run it any longer than that.  Replaced breather hose.  Is it overheating? Or building up crankcase pressure? anyone have this problem?  thanks for comments
New Member Introductions / Re: New Member
« Last post by chuck stas on July 31, 2022, 10:49:11 AM »
Welcome,  not much activity on the site but every time I asked a question its been answered.
Good luck enjoy.
New Member Introductions / Hello all.
« Last post by SECRET on July 27, 2022, 10:59:53 AM »
We are the proud owners of SECRET, a 1973 P36 (hull no. 42) for the past 22 years. For 12 years prior to that we owned a 1976 P26. Out daughters also currently own a 1981 P26. Guess we’re a family of good-old-boaters and it’s about time we joined this Pearson website!

Our usual cruising ground is Lake Champlain with North Hero Island as home port. We often cruise the NE coast. As I write this I’m on a mooring in Wickford RI Harbor.

We’d love to hear from other P36 sailors. SECRET has been well maintained, repowered and we’ve put a lot of NM under her keel. A great, solid and dependable vessel that has become a member of our family!

Look forward to hearing from all!

Do and Carl Schoder
Engine and Drive Train / MOVED: Composting Head
« Last post by admin on July 26, 2022, 06:07:21 AM »
Deck Mounted Hardware / Re: 323 rear pulpit
« Last post by Alma on July 07, 2022, 02:52:50 PM »
My stanchions are still tight and dry. I did have to have my push-pit re-welded at the struts and it is funny I see that same crack in many 323 push-pits. Maybe that smaller tubing is a slightly different alloy. I bought some white synthetic gasket material and this was 15 years ago. The bow and stern mounting flanges require something to make up for them being a little different from each other- the stanchions should lie very flat and need little goo or gasket. My stanchions are all original and still water tight. Since the stanchions are mounted to a cored deck the method Selene used is best. A small doughnut of butyl around the fasteners is all you need. If you butyl the whole base you'll chase oozing for along time. The issue is as the butyl flows, the fasteners will become loose and rocking of the bases will work the remaining butyl out and allowing water in. Rocking bases can also shift the epoxy so try to make them very secure. When you remove the bases you may see the gaskets are fine... Then I'd use Selene's epoxy treatment and reuse the gaskets. The original backing plates are good. Reuse them.
For Sale and Wanted / FOR SALE 35 foot Pearson
« Last post by Mike3100 on July 02, 2022, 04:31:40 PM »
Pearson 35 foot sailboat, built in 1979 and only one owner.
Sailboat gently used and not often. Owned by a doctor and his wife who have owned the sailboat for over 40 years, since it was new.
Hull is in very good condition, extremely well-built and structurally sound.
The basic boat is in good shape, can use cosmetics like curtains, rigging, etc., but hull is solid
The sailboat has a Diesel freshwater cooled engine, also shower and hot water and considering the year of the boat, it's in very good condition.
I am selling the sailboat for a friend who has some health challenges and I don't know that much about sailboats.I am not a broker and selling it for them just as a favor. 
I do know the sailboat was well-maintained at a boatyard, it's on land right not now but just since last season.  It certainly can use a clean-up, but I believe the basics of the boat are sound.I do know a lot about boats, I own three of them-one larger sportfishing boat and I do know their sailboat has no blisters, I don't see any troubling issues and I believe it would do well on a survey.
The boat is located in Seaford New York.  I have some photos up that I just took at the boat yard, she is still under shrinkwrap, Not very romantic photos-but it does show the type of boat it is and I truly believe it will clean up well because it was used very lightly, and always maintained.
I welcome any advice on how to sell the boat for them and They are open to reasonable offers.

~~Thank you ~~
For Sale and Wanted / Re: Ensign For Sale
« Last post by admin on July 01, 2022, 07:15:41 PM »
Revised listing and added photos.
Ports & Hatches / Re: Replacing opening ports with New Found Metal
« Last post by Jammin on July 01, 2022, 12:17:26 PM »
And this is what it would look like with the New Found Metal portlights (rectangular + larger oval):
« Last post by Jammin on July 01, 2022, 12:14:31 PM »
This is what the boat looks like currently (original portlights):
« Last post by Jammin on July 01, 2022, 12:09:39 PM »
Hi there. I have a P39 yawl and I'm looking at replacing my oval opening ports with SS option from NFM. Slightly larger than existing, but that shouldn't be an issue.  The question I have is whether anyone has considered replacing the fixed main cabin ports with opening ports? They would be the same overall dimensions, but rectangular, so would lose the distinctive curved shape of existing openings. Any thoughts on this welcomed!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10