Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Source for Pearson 28-2 rudder
« Last post by Bird Dog on Today at 12:09:09 AM »
Dropped the rudder on my 1986 Pearson 28-2 to investigate a rust stain coming down from the top.  Boat yard is of the opinion water is getting in from the top seam.  I'm weighing all options; split it open to investigate and see if it is repairable (preferred), or worst case, buy a new rudder.  But looking at similar sized boats, a new rudder comes with some sticker shock!

Thing is, I have not found anyone who sells a rudder for a 28-2.  Any ideas if it is hull specific, or if the same rudder was used on other models?  Starting from scratch on this...  Any recommendations where to find one?

Thanks

Ben
Steering System, Hull Structure / Re: Keel Nuts/Bolts - P26
« Last post by JunkFood on March 30, 2024, 03:42:29 PM »
Did you end up solving this issue?

I'm doing a P26 restoration and I'm seeking keel bolt advice.
Sails and Canvas / Re: loose or fixed foot
« Last post by Alma on March 25, 2024, 08:52:44 PM »
I have a brand new North mainsail loose footed.

It is fantastic and if you haven't priced North lately you may be in for a pleasant surprise.
« Last post by selene on March 24, 2024, 11:16:16 AM »
Loose foot. Better shape for different outhaul tensions - plus (imho) easier to set/douse. I love my full batten loose foot main!
« Last post by Last Resort on March 19, 2024, 12:00:32 AM »
Loose fit is the way I've been taught and told since I started sailing in 2007, and works out great for me with the 2 boats I've had, especially the
Pearson 31-2. It's the way I would go.
Sails and Canvas / loose or fixed foot
« Last post by Frayed Knot on March 18, 2024, 05:39:23 PM »
Am ordering a new main sail and everything I have read was loose footed is the way to go.  Am I just old school or should I move up with the times. 
General Discussion / Pearson 23 Standing Rigging
« Last post by Rancher on March 15, 2024, 06:49:58 PM »
Can anyone please tell me the Dia. and length of the Standing Rigging on a Pearson 23.  I purchased the boat but came with no Standing Rigging.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
P303 / Re: p303
« Last post by chuck stas on March 15, 2024, 10:13:01 AM »
It's the original engine Yanmar 2gmf. 13hp diesel.
The Zink I put on last year seems to be working.
If I replace the shaft at some point Ill make it about 2" longer.
Right now don't fix it if its working.
Thanks for getting back to me.
P303 / wrong light!
« Last post by Last Resort on March 11, 2024, 12:05:10 AM »
you're talking about the bow navigation light, and he's asking about the anchor light on top of the mast :)     My anchor light uses a Festoon 43 bulb on my 90 Pearson, but beware....don't get one so bright it attracts every bug in the anchorage if you do anchor out, as it's quite a mess in the morning. My 1st one was 62 LEDs, and I've bought a 36 to replace it with this season.  Being LED, it will still be more than bright enough.

You're right though about the nav light, they don't make them anymore.  I found the last 2 that I could find in the world in England 5 years or so ago and had them delivered to me through Germany, USA and then to Canada with the help of other boaters on the net!
P303 / Re: OEM Anchor light Replacement Bulb
« Last post by StarGazerII on March 10, 2024, 05:12:08 PM »
mlw062959=
Not sure what the base is but yes, Replace with only LED bulbs. standard OEM bulb is 35 watt and 2nm distance.. In my opinion a wast of battery power.
NOTE:  Take the unit apart and clean it well.  They don't make them anymore.  You can purchase a new one and replace the lense red-green but, if yours is like mine it is the base that clamps around the railing. Hope this helps!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10