Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Thanks selene.

Your response confirms information I've garnered since my initial post.  I'll look into using an additive.
AFAIK there are two main types of diesel.

The stuff sold in gas stations, which works fine. Also called on-road or clear diesel. It's what I have been using in my Westerbeke for 10+ years.

"red dye" diesel. Very similar to the regular diesel, but cheaper, as it is tax-exempt. If you put it into your car and it is discovered, you may get a fine. But in your boat it is legal.

There is also #2 diesel, normally used in long-distance trucks, and biodiesel. #2 diesel (I am told) will work fine, but has a lower cetol rating and so will be more difficult to start, especially in lower temperatures.

I have no experience with biodiesel.

One other tip - you may want to consider a fuel additive. Depending on how long you leave fuel in the boar, some algae will happily start consuming the fuel (!), and some stabilisers also improve starting. Personally I use biobor JF - but I am no expert!
For Sale and Wanted / Looking for an original builders plate
« Last post by Lundell on June 03, 2023, 08:34:00 PM »
I am looking for a Pearson builders plate for my 1960 Triton. I believe she would have originally had one of the blue plates with her hull number engraved. No one seems to be making new ones so I thought I would ask the group.
Thanks.
I just purchased a Pearson 323 with a Volvo MD11c engine.  The tank is about 1/3 full and I'm starting to think about getting fuel.  I'm pondering if the diesel sold at gas stations will work.  Please kindly advise.  Thank you!
P37 / Re: Windlass
« Last post by Dalliance on May 24, 2023, 05:19:38 PM »
The issue is to find a windlass that will fit; the issue is not weight and strength.  We haven’t been able to find a make/model that will fit the 37-2. We had a Pearson 36 which had a working windlass.
Thank you for your response.
General Discussion / motor mounts
« Last post by chuck stas on May 18, 2023, 10:15:58 AM »
Good Morning, Does anyone have a good source for motor mounts for a 1983 p303 13 HP yanmar diesel.
The engine is shacking like crazy Sometimes.
Thanks for any info.
P37 / Re: Windlass
« Last post by Last Resort on May 17, 2023, 11:54:30 PM »
Specs????   are you referring to weight and strength of a windlass to install, or how and the ability to install one at all? 

If your looking how to install on a Pearson, after 10 years of thinking it out, I finally did it on my 90 31-2 last summer, which can be found here:

https://groups.google.com/g/pearson-boats/c/yv55gerxL8U/m/oInNcredAQAJ

Of course you would need a bigger windlass than the 1 I was able to use for my small boat, but maybe you can get some ideas for installing one on yours :) Good Luck!!!!

P37 / Windlass
« Last post by Dalliance on May 17, 2023, 10:37:51 AM »
We recently bought the Pearson 37-2 which did not come with a windlass. We have been having difficulty finding one that fits the boat’s specs. If you have one that does fit, please let me know the make and model number. Thanks!!
Plumbing and Galley Systems / Re: Deck drain/scuppers P31-2
« Last post by Dolce_Vita on May 16, 2023, 12:08:44 PM »
If the Forespar parts don’t fit, you can always just grind down the Marelon flange till it does. Shouldn’t take much.
Plumbing and Galley Systems / Re: Deck drain/scuppers P31-2
« Last post by edithcollins on May 15, 2023, 04:47:18 PM »
I just replaced mine with fittings in stock at west marine.  They worked perfectly.
It was $54.00 or so.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]