Pearson Boats - Common Systems > Engine and Drive Train

2GM20F water

(1/2) > >>

kenw:
Hi,  I had the clamp on the outlet hose of the impeller fail and the hose fell off.  The clamp was replaced and the impeller housing opened and checked (all looked fine).
But now when I start the engine I can hear water in exhaust but no water is coming out of the exhaust.
This was working fine prior to the hose clamp failure.

Any thoughts on this?

Infinity:
Good morning,
Please don't take offence at my suggestion, but did you check to make sure that the seacock is open?

kenw:
yes, I have also checked water is getting to the impeller when I had the housing open.

Last Resort:
you say everything "looks" fine, but until you actually change the impeller for a new one, I suspect then you will find your problem. The only other thing would be a piece of the rubber from the old impeller lodged in the outlet of the pump, but again, you said it all looks fine.  Other than those 2 ideas, the only other ideas would be a loose fan belt or the impeller somehow is no longer turning when the engine is running, and that would mean the shaft key is damaged, or the shaft itself.  Good luck!!!

kenw:
I have changed the impeller, no luck.  I suspect the water to water heat exchanger may be clogged, but getting to it is difficult.  Anyone ever open one of these up?     The cabin ladder block direct access to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version