Pearson Boats - Common Systems > Deck Mounted Hardware

What is this?

(1/3) > >>

mitchellthomas:
Does anyone know what this access cover is for? It's on the bow of my 323. From below there is a swivel clip attached to the cover, which I assume had some kind of line tied to it so you don't loose the cover - but that's it. No other indication of what it might be for.

Dolce_Vita:
I believe this was originally intended for an additional cowl ventilator. It's the right size, but I've never actually seen one installed there.   

mitchellthomas:
Thank you both! I have a follow-up question (forgive my ignorance - it's my first boat): since the anchor rode has its own compartment, what do you use your anchor locker for?

selene:
I think Ed got it.

Personally I keep the lunch hook chain/rode.anchor in the anchor locker. It's a small Fortress. My overnight anchor - a Bruce (it's muddy in SF Bay) stays on the roller, with the chain down below. The chain feeds through the plastic cowl (I also have a cover like yours, but that is stowed down below)

No right way of doing it - depends upon your usage. But generally it is good to keep weight as low in the boat as possible.

mitchellthomas:
Looks like your right. I took a look at the owner's manual and that's exactly what they have there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version