Author Topic: Interior Cushion replacement  (Read 4040 times)

Sarah

• Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: other
Interior Cushion replacement
« on: January 06, 2020, 04:59:46 PM »
Hi!

My name is Sarah, and with Mike we are the new owners of Blue Sky hull #104.  We perused this website before we bought the boat, and it was definitely a factor going forward.

The cushions are original from 1978 and in bad shape. It’s not a high priority project but we need to replace them.

Does anyone have suggestions for upholsterers?  We can drop them off anywhere from Maryland to Connecticut, or happy to use an online source that you trust. I don’t trust my pattern making/ measurement skills for slanted forms so it might be best to use local. I definitely don’t trust my sewing skills!
Thanks in advance.

popeye323

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • City: Falmouth
  • State: MA
Re: Interior Cushion replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 03:26:06 PM »
Hi

This maybe out of your travel range but when I had all my cushions replaced on Total Chaos hull # 360 I used Art's Auto and Marine in Brockton Mass. 508-586-2137.  At the time I was working for a multi-line power boat dealer and Art's did all the cushion and canvas work for them.  I am very happy with the results.

Steve

rbrtfeld

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: RockStar
  • City: San Pedro
  • State: CA
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 01:32:33 AM »
Not sure what your planning for material but when I did mine in 2011 I found a site online called Toto fabric.com. I was able to get Brisa leather at a super discounted rate. They have lots of great fabrics you might want to check out. I used a professional upholstery shop and they did a great job. Good luck

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
  • Vessel Name: Dolce Vita
  • City: Pasadena
  • State: MD
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 12:04:31 PM »
Does anyone have suggestions for upholsterers?  We can drop them off anywhere from Maryland to Connecticut, or happy to use an online source that you trust. I don’t trust my pattern making/ measurement skills for slanted forms so it might be best to use local. I definitely don’t trust my sewing skills!
Thanks in advance.

Hi Sarah,

You'll get the best results by using a local upholsterer who can come to your boat and make measurements.  Using the stretched-out threadbare original fabric as patterns will result in a less-than-ideal result.  At least, that has been our experience.
@(^.^)@  Ed
1977 P-323 #42 "Dolce Vita"
with rebuilt Atomic-4