Author Topic: Table bolt  (Read 4150 times)

SailRxSin

• P323
  • Pearson Yacht Owner
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: RxSin
  • City: Grapevine
  • State: Tx
Table bolt
« on: December 16, 2019, 11:05:53 AM »
Hello,
Brand new to being a Pearson 323 owner and to the forum.  Yesterday while messing with the table, the bolt that holds it in place snapped.  Anyone have any idea where I could get a replacement for this?

Thanks,
SailRxSin
Sincerely,
Skipper & Cindy
RxSin
Hull 353, 1982 323
Grapevine, TX

selene

• P323
  • Mighty Member
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Selene
  • City: Redwood City
  • State: CA
Re: Table bolt
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 01:52:03 PM »
Sorry to hear about your problem...but if that is the worse that happens on your boat, you are a lucky guy!

Perhaps some more specific information? It is not clear what you mean by "bolt". Or even "table"!

My dinette table support is a metal tube which fits into a bracket above and below. I have not taken them apart, but the brackets seemed to be screwed in.

The table itself slides up and down using a metal sleeve, and is secured in the correct position using a quick-release pin.

If the quick release pin is the issue, it looks like a ball-lok pin to me; WestMarine have a variety of lengths at https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--ball-lok-quick-release-pins--P002_065_009_003?recordNum=1

The metal sleeve clamps onto the tube; any bolt will do for that purpose, but ideally get something with a hand grip so you can easily tighten it; try searching Amazon for "star grip bolt"

Hopefully the answer you are seeking is somewhere in that!!

SailRxSin

• P323
  • Pearson Yacht Owner
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: RxSin
  • City: Grapevine
  • State: Tx
Re: Table bolt
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 05:22:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about your problem...but if that is the worse that happens on your boat, you are a lucky guy!

Perhaps some more specific information? It is not clear what you mean by "bolt". Or even "table"!

My dinette table support is a metal tube which fits into a bracket above and below. I have not taken them apart, but the brackets seemed to be screwed in.

The table itself slides up and down using a metal sleeve, and is secured in the correct position using a quick-release pin.

If the quick release pin is the issue, it looks like a ball-lok pin to me; WestMarine have a variety of lengths at https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--ball-lok-quick-release-pins--P002_065_009_003?recordNum=1

The metal sleeve clamps onto the tube; any bolt will do for that purpose, but ideally get something with a hand grip so you can easily tighten it; try searching Amazon for "star grip bolt"

Hopefully the answer you are seeking is somewhere in that!!

Selene, Thanks so much for the reply and all the info!  Sorry I was not clear.  So the bolt that broke is the one that secures the metal sleeve onto the tube.  It is an a bolt with about a 60 degree angle to the end to ease operation of the bolt.  You are correct, a star grip bolt would work fine. 

And I hope you're right, but I doubt this is the worse that will happen.....only the beginning. lol

Sincerely,
Skipper & Cindy
RxSin
Hull 353, 1982 323
Grapevine, TX

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
  • Vessel Name: Dolce Vita
  • City: Pasadena