Author Topic: Salon deck  (Read 3872 times)

Mcomte

• P530
  • Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P530
  • Vessel Name: Rocky Cs
  • City: Bradenton
  • State: Fl
Salon deck
« on: November 04, 2019, 05:13:55 AM »
I am looking for blueprints or other build plans for the 1983 Pearson 530 that show how the salon floor was installed. It appears to be sectioned and screwed. I need to lift and gain access below to access wiring harness, plumbing and so forth. Either that or find a trained monkey to access some areas! Love the boat but plumbing and wiring runs are poorly designed imho.

lt

• P530
    • View Profile
  • City: Vancouver
  • State: BC
Re: Salon deck
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 11:09:03 AM »
you may have figured out by now, as i have just recently that the salon deck is just dropped in over the fuel tank.  Mine has a  ~20 x 20 inch  floor inspection panel and eye that you can lift up to reveal the fuel pickup/return and gauge.  Extending all around this inspection panel is the fuel tank that has a drop in floor made of 3/4 ply, teak and holly ply and 2x4 stringers about 40 x60 inches.  It is held down by gravity and age and dirt in the joints.  Lifting it out will reveal the entire fuel tank top, fuel filler and vents, mess of old solid copper fuel lines and other items like bonding wire.

To lift it out I used two pairs of 2x4s on edge blocked up and all thread 1/4 rods to the corners of the inspection panel.  A lot of spinning the nuts and the whole floor lifts out uneasily because of the debris in the slot but once out and clean an easier chore.  I installed lifting nuts in the corners so no longer require the 2x4s. 

You can pear down into the void around the edges of the fuel tank  and wish you could use all that lost space.  Does this help?

Think we should start a 530 thread for overcoming oddities like these.

does this help

BlueLagoon

• P530
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Blue Lagoon
  • City: Chula Vista
  • State: CA
Re: Salon deck
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 05:25:50 PM »
That is correct, mine is the same way.  I stand on the fuel tank and lift the deck straight up.   Not sure what wiring harness you are looking for, for example the Mast wiring.  On my, hull #3, it runs on the Stb side some along the water tank and some under the benches. Also there is a bunch of wiring in the overhead above the benches.   Hope this helps.