Author Topic: Pearson 26 Rescued!  (Read 51 times)

Jamincey

• P26
  • Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P26
  • Vessel Name: Amadeus
  • City: New Bern
  • State: NC
Pearson 26 Rescued!
« on: May 16, 2019, 08:18:11 AM »
Hello - We are new to the forum and to our beautifully rescued Pearson 26.  She is a rescue from Hurricane Florence and the previous owners basically kept her tied at the dock and she didn’t get much use - that will now change!  She survived the hurricane by bobbing around held to her moorings with 3 rotted lines.  I figured that was a good sign that she wanted to stay afloat.  She was dry on the inside too!

I have cleaned her up and she is currently out of the water getting a new bottom of anti-fouling. 

My question is - which P26 do I own!  The hull number is PEA60065M78F-L.  I haven’t found anything that references the -L part of the number. 

We are also wanting to add a galley area and wondering if others had modified their cabin and willing to share photos and any how-to’s.  Thank you in advance. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:11:54 AM by Jamincey »
Maurice & Julie
S/v Amadeus

SeaFever

• Brian
  • P323
  • Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • RedSkySails.com
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: Sea Fever
  • City: Oriental
  • State: NC
Re: Pearson 26 Rescued!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 09:11:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum and congrats on you new Pearson 26!  As you probably figured out it appears your boat is a 1978 P26 One-Design #65. I don't own a P26 (P323 and Ensign), but I have done a lot of research on hull numbers. So far I have not found any specific explanation for letter designations on the end of a PEA number. 

With that said the -L that you ask about could be an indicator that it was built in League City Texas.  I understand from Sailboatdata.com and from an old document on P26-OD #182 that some boats were built in League City. It is a good possibility that is the reason for the suffix -L.

Good luck with your galley, it looks like it was an optional feature on your boat, perhaps there are some photos out there that someone will share. 

A couple relative links if you have not found them:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 12:22:19 PM by admin »
Men and Ships; Rot in Port