Author Topic: Pearson 26 Rescued!  (Read 3842 times)

Jamincey

• P26
  • Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P26
  • Vessel Name: Amadeus
  • City: New Bern
  • State: NC
Pearson 26 Rescued!
« on: May 16, 2019, 08:18:11 AM »
Hello - We are new to the forum and to our beautifully rescued Pearson 26.  She is a rescue from Hurricane Florence and the previous owners basically kept her tied at the dock and she didn’t get much use - that will now change!  She survived the hurricane by bobbing around held to her moorings with 3 rotted lines.  I figured that was a good sign that she wanted to stay afloat.  She was dry on the inside too!

I have cleaned her up and she is currently out of the water getting a new bottom of anti-fouling. 

My question is - which P26 do I own!  The hull number is PEA60065M78F-L.  I haven’t found anything that references the -L part of the number. 

We are also wanting to add a galley area and wondering if others had modified their cabin and willing to share photos and any how-to’s.  Thank you in advance. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:11:54 AM by Jamincey »
Maurice & Julie
S/v Amadeus

Captain Bri

• Brian
  • Ensign
  • Sailmaker
    • View Profile
    • RedSkySails.com
  • Model: Ensign
  • City: Anytown
  • State: Ct
Re: Pearson 26 Rescued!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 09:11:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum and congrats on you new Pearson 26!  As you probably figured out it appears your boat is a 1978 P26 One-Design #65.

The -L is most likely an indicator that it was built in League City Texas.  This is based on information at Sailboatdata.com and from a document on P26-OD #182 that indicates it was built in League City also.

Good luck with your galley, it looks like it was an optional feature on your boat, perhaps there are some photos out there that someone will share. 

A couple relative links if you have not found them:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 05:31:57 PM by admin »
Men and Ships; Rot in Port

Captain Bri

• Brian
  • Ensign
  • Sailmaker
    • View Profile
    • RedSkySails.com
  • Model: Ensign
  • City: Anytown
  • State: Ct
Re: Pearson 26 Rescued!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 06:21:49 PM »
Here's a couple of pics of a galley on a P26 - it looks pretty nice!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 06:27:18 PM by SeaFever »
Men and Ships; Rot in Port