Author Topic: Hello from a P38-DC in Florida  (Read 2721 times)

Capn Kirk

• Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: other
  • Vessel Name: Memories
  • City: Pompano Bch
  • State: fl
Hello from a P38-DC in Florida
« on: April 21, 2019, 12:42:35 PM »
Bought a Pearson 38-DC last June and fixing her for cruising.  Capn Kirk here, have been steadily working on my boat and just finished redoing the starboard exhaust yesterday.  I already cruised her 3 hours up river but now want to take her for day/weekend trips in hopes of working up to a Great Loop journey.  I am hoping that someone else has a motor yacht like mine so that I can find out how to best do things.  I have all the old manuals for this 1988 model and I understand that there are very few that were made.  Need to figure out the AC system the documentation is not very good for them.  Anyway, I will share what I have and hope that there is someone else out there with a similar model to mine.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 01:01:35 PM by Capn Kirk »

admin

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Captain Bri
    • View Profile
    • Red Sky Sails
  • Model: Ensign
  • State: CT
Re: Hello from a P38-DC in Florida
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 12:55:08 PM »
Welcome aboard. Looks like a great boat for the Great Loop! For those that don't know what a P38-DC is I've added a picture. 

From the Pearson Yachts Brochure:

The new Pearson 38 Double Cabin is probably the roomiest, most comfortable 38-foot performance cruiser available anywhere. Look closely at the standard features, the design and layout, and you will have to agree that foot for foot, and dollar for dollar, this is truly a lot of boat.

LOA: 37' 9"
Beam: 13' 10"
Draft: 3' 9"
Freeboard: 6'
Displacement: 25,000 lbs
Sleeping Accommodations: 6
Cruising Range: 250 nm

Captain Bri