Author Topic: Idea's for a new fridge.  (Read 15840 times)

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: Dolce Vita
  • City: Pasadena
  • State: MD
Re: Idea's for a new fridge.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2021, 01:56:37 PM »
...  I decided to go with VIP insulated panels and two Sea Frost compressors and holding plates.   RParts built the panel boxes and door frames.  I assembled and out the box in place.   not sure if this help any.... cheers.

Photos?  Please.
@(^.^)@  Ed
1977 P-323 #42 "Dolce Vita"
with rebuilt Atomic-4

grzano

• P323
  • Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: Summer Wind
  • City: Staten Island
  • State: NY
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2021, 10:09:57 PM »
Hi BlueLagoon,

It's not moot, since I have not had time to do the installation. I bought the Isotherm 2501, and will install it as soon as possible. I am doing other projects at the moment, new shaft, cutlass bearing, replacing the plastic through hulls below the water line, new sea strainer, new pressure water system and hot water tank. I read about the Raritan 300 what 12 volt and will scrap my other idea in favor of this one. Hot shower's on the hook, who ever thought such a thing was possible. I have 2 100 watt solar panels to install. I like the idea of installing a few new house batteries under the v-birth, that tank had been removed by the prior owner due to issues. It's all good. It keeps me out of trouble.

Have a great day and I really appreciate everyone's input, though, I am still not settled on how to better insulate the Ice Box.

All the best.

1978 323, Atomic 4.
I'd rather be sailing!

1978 323, Atomic 4

Markkramer1

• Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P35
  • Vessel Name: Summit
  • City: Ocean Beach
  • State: NJ
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2021, 11:30:06 AM »
Just joined the group we purchased our 1976 p35 2 yrs ago. The Summit is very clean but needed a repower .with at complete we are lnow ooking to add some creature comforts first is the icebox conversion. I made a template for a tray which I made a stainless steel pan  .Since cold falls to the lowest point and the icebox is extremely deep i created it for about 16 " off of the bottom. Below that i plan on pouring in 2prt expandable foam then bedding the stainless tray into the foam. I will then add 2-3" of foil backed ridgid foam on the sides above the tray . Finish by installing an isotherm o shaped cold plate. Only have welded the tray so far. I thought we could potentially make ice  in the o shaped cooler. Any suggestions before I go any further?