Author Topic: Welcome Gray Ghost all the way from Taiwan.  (Read 5651 times)

The Great Godsea

• P323
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: The Great Godsey
  • City: New Rochelle
  • State: NY
Welcome Gray Ghost all the way from Taiwan.
« on: March 25, 2014, 01:32:36 PM »
shows the 323 can go anywhere and do anything.
sharing his link from the owners map.
Welcome Shawn
http://www.facebook.com/twsail

Libations Too

• P323
    • View Profile
  • City: Berkelely, CA
Re: Welcome Gray Ghost all the way from Taiwan.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 03:10:23 AM »
I met Shawn one day in Berkeley when I was out on my Kayak. I saw another 323 so I paddled up to take a closer look; Shawn was on board and he told me a little of his story. He had purchased Grey Ghost sight unseen while he was still in Taiwan. The boat was in Oakland and he had arrived a short time earlier, took delivery, and had just moved the boat to Berkeley. When he told me that he was working to get it ready to sail back home to Taiwan I didn't know whether to encourage him or to try to dissuade him from going....the boat looked to be in awful shape and it was pretty clear to me that much more work was needed. Shawn told me that his wife was flying over soon and that they would set out down the coast to learn a little more about sailing before heading across the Pacific.

I later heard that they had made it to San Diego, had a run in with immigration, and then I heard no more until Great Godsea's post. Good on you Shawn for making your dream come true!

More history here: http://www.youcaring.com/other/help-shawn-sylvia-of-grey-ghost/43154

Richard

Sweet Pea

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: Sweet Pea
  • City: Bayfield
  • State: WI
Re: Welcome Gray Ghost all the way from Taiwan.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 10:59:51 PM »
What a great story! I wonder how much work they had to put into the boat to get it ready to cross the Pacific!