Author Topic: Off topic area?  (Read 6415 times)

Dave

• P323
  • P323 hull #376
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
Off topic area?
« on: January 10, 2014, 04:10:25 PM »
Has an off topic area ever been considered? I do not like to chat about politics online, but I do enjoy to chat with like minded people online. The only other sailing forum I have been a consistent part of is Sailboatowners.com, I cannot say I have had a pleasant experience reading or participating in their off topic forums. I do have a home brewing forum that I really enjoy. Who knew the most civil people on the internet are a bunch of people that make their own brew?
Dave

adventurer, ex-hippy, good timer, (crook? quite possibly), manic self-publicist, terribly bad at personal relationships, often thought to be completely out to lunch

Captain Bri

• Brian
  • Ensign
  • Sailmaker
    • View Profile
    • RedSkySails.com
  • Model: Ensign
  • City: Anytown
  • State: Ct
Re: Off topic area?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 12:09:39 AM »
I think the best recommendation would be to use the "general discussion" board since that covers posts on any topic. Periodically we review the boards and optimize them as necessary - by seeing what the trends are - and creating a new board if necessary. 
Men and Ships; Rot in Port

Bill1188

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: Breaking Wind
  • City: Whitehall
  • State: MI
Re: Off topic area?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 06:07:23 PM »
I like the idea of general discussion, but as it applies to boats. I home brew, it adds to my sailing experience. Politics, verboten. Get enough of the for/against Trump crap on FB.