Author Topic: Props to SailCare  (Read 7844 times)

Carolina Dog

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: Lucky Dog
  • City: Oriental
  • State: NC
Props to SailCare
« on: October 07, 2013, 10:22:38 PM »
Just a little note of satisfaction with a vendor: Lucky Dog came to me with serviceable but old and even a ripped suit of North Sail sails. After seeing a video of Bob Bitchin interviewing the SailCare folks I sent them my sails. All I can say is WOW. They are awesome. Better than new really as these were basic sails and things like the batten pockets were redesigned. The company kept me apprised every step of the way and when they felt a change was needed they always called for my approval. I finally told them "treat them as if they were yours" and they clearly did. I am more than satisfied with the results.

Marcus of Lucky Dog
Lucky Dog

Frayed Knot

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Frayed Knot
  • City: Myrtle Beach
  • State: SC
Re: Props to SailCare
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 01:58:52 PM »
I am needing some minor work on mine and maybe some cleaning.  How did you ship your sails and what all did they do and about how much, if you don't mind telling.  Or should I call them?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:25:39 PM by Frayed Knot »

Carolina Dog

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 07:37:47 PM »
I don't mind: Shipped them UPS in 2 boxes.

On the Main: cleaned then they sewed new telltales, restring the leech line, resewed a grommet and a slug (first slug was torn out of the sail), repaired a tear on the luff, reset the bolt rope. Entire leech overlay.

Jib: Cleaned and resewed the draft stripe before using their Lemauney process to breath new life into the fabric, new telltales, replaced the spreader patch, overlaid the luff and hot knifed it, replaced the leech and foot with Dacron and replaced the old sun-band (roller furling) with Royal Blue Tweed Sunbrella to match my Mainsail cover.

$1,770
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 07:42:41 PM by Carolina Dog »
Lucky Dog

Frayed Knot

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 07:38:46 PM »
Just got my quote back for my Genoa.  $546.52 I think that is wonderful.  Did they find other repairs after the initial inspection was made or was that it.  I can live with that price.  also it is 369 sq. ft. is that a good price?  Sounds good to me...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 07:43:58 PM by Frayed Knot »

Carolina Dog

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 08:32:23 AM »
They did find some issues after I had my initial quote. But I really didn't feel like they were making unnecessary suggestions. They called to discuss what they were finding and then gave me my options and the price. At no time did I feel they were pushing for more than was reasonable. I basically ended up with two crisp clean North sails that will last for years for less than 2 grand. As for your genoa I can't say about the price. Check the price of a new or clean used one from a reputable  company and balance that against fixing the old one. If the price is too close you can always buy new and then keep the old one for a back up.

Cheers
Lucky Dog

Frayed Knot

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 03:15:13 PM »
Just received my sail back...it feels and looks like new, I am so happy with Sail Care you were right, they do a great job.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:53:18 PM by Frayed Knot »