Author Topic: Board Suggestion: Pearson 323 Owners Map  (Read 55789 times)

Captain Bri

• Brian
  • Ensign
  • Sailmaker
    • View Profile
    • RedSkySails.com
  • Model: Ensign
  • City: Anytown
  • State: Ct
Re: Board Suggestion: Pearson 323 Owners Map
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2013, 08:11:54 AM »
I added the link P323 Owners Map to the website navigation bar (left column) known as "Pearson Links" on each of the main pages.

--Brian
Men and Ships; Rot in Port

Captain Bri

• Brian
  • Ensign
  • Sailmaker
    • View Profile
    • RedSkySails.com
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2013, 08:14:17 AM »
It occurred to me that many P323 owners may not be aware that we have an owners registry of Pearson 323 hulls that is sorted by state on this website in a PDF file (currently 258 boats).  You can easily locate boats/owners in your area if you live in US or Canada by looking at your state/province and nearby states. 

Link: Owner Registry by state

The Great Godsea

• P323
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: The Great Godsey
  • City: New Rochelle
  • State: NY
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2013, 01:20:30 PM »
Great work man.

Dave

• P323
  • P323 hull #376
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2014, 04:56:18 PM »
It occurred to me that many P323 owners may not be aware that we have an owners registry of Pearson 323 hulls that is sorted by state on this website in a PDF file (currently 258 boats).  You can easily locate boats/owners in your area if you live in US or Canada by looking at your state/province and nearby states. 

Link: Owner Registry by state

I imagine the registry is out of date on several vessels. It has my vessel listed to the guy who was the owner, two owners ago.
Dave

adventurer, ex-hippy, good timer, (crook? quite possibly), manic self-publicist, terribly bad at personal relationships, often thought to be completely out to lunch

Dave

• P323
  • P323 hull #376
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2014, 09:31:59 AM »
Thank you Mark

Added Searenity to the map.
Dave

adventurer, ex-hippy, good timer, (crook? quite possibly), manic self-publicist, terribly bad at personal relationships, often thought to be completely out to lunch

Captain Bri

• Brian
  • Ensign
  • Sailmaker
    • View Profile
    • RedSkySails.com
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2014, 06:08:21 PM »
I imagine the registry is out of date on several vessels. It has my vessel listed to the guy who was the owner, two owners ago.
The boat/owner information is only as accurate as what is provided to the webmaster by P323 owners  -- in other words owners need to send an email when boats are bought, sold, moved, etc.  I will plan to update the website to clarify this process.

Regarding the owners map enhancement: 
I found that I was able to import all of the boats from the registry (with a utility) into a Google map and placeholders are created for the home port cities provided in the registry.  These are not the exact location on the water but the markers are placed in the correct city.  It is cool having 250+ boats in the map but it requires a premium version of Google maps that cost $5 per month.  This version also provides the ability to imbed the map in the P323 website but it must be made public to do so.   
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 06:51:03 PM by SeaFever »

Dave

• P323
  • P323 hull #376
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2014, 01:10:13 AM »
I am a little unclear on who you would send this info to? It is also complicated as my boat is registered to me in Georgia, but Georgia does not title boats of any size. I found that odd myself, but your registration is completed with proof of ownership.

Not sure if I will keep the boat Coast Guard documented, not sure what benefits there are to that.
Dave

Captain Bri

• Brian
  • Ensign
  • Sailmaker
    • View Profile
    • RedSkySails.com
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2014, 06:43:08 PM »
I am a little unclear on who you would send this info to?
We are a little off the topic but send it to webmaster@pearson323.com

It is also complicated as my boat is registered to me in Georgia, but Georgia does not title boats of any size. I found that odd myself, but your registration is completed with proof of ownership.

Not sure if I will keep the boat Coast Guard documented, not sure what benefits there are to that.
I documented my boat with the Coast Guard because I did not want the state registration numbers on the hull and I also planned to  move it about on the east coast.  But it is still in NC and now they have changed the rules and want me to register it with the state.  To do that I would have to give up my CG registration.  A bit of a dilemma. 

Dave

• P323
  • P323 hull #376
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2014, 12:45:01 PM »
Thank you. I have thought about updating the Coast Guard registration. Georgia requires the state sticker on the boat but no numbers on the hull if CGR. I am waiting to see how the proposal to make the CG Registration a yearly fee based on length of vessel rather than the current one time fee when updating the registration goes through.
Dave

Captain Bri

• Brian
  • Ensign
  • Sailmaker
    • View Profile
    • RedSkySails.com
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2016, 09:04:46 PM »
I am doing some long overdue updates to the website which will include better links/instructions for the map and registry. Afterwards I plan on sending a mass mailing to owners to solicit updates for forum, registry, and map.

Mark G.: In hoping that we get an increase in map users I would recommend putting a map "backup" process in place just in case.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:04:01 AM by SeaFever »