Author Topic: First Cruise  (Read 9355 times)

Eddy

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
First Cruise
« on: May 31, 2012, 03:02:30 PM »
The wife and I took our first cruise. We went from Sarah Creek on the York River to the East River in Mobjack Bay. We left Saturday morning and returned late Monday afternoon. We had great weather and good winds all weekend. Had a great time and are definitely hooked on cruising. Had so much fun we forgot to take any pictures but we did bring the camera.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:55:15 AM by SeaFever »

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
  • Vessel Name: Dolce Vita
  • City: Pasadena
  • State: MD
Re: First Cruise
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »
And you picked a great weekend for it!  Weather (at least here on the upper Chesapeake) was perfect.

We, too, spent the whole 3-day weekend on the boat, anchoring out in Rock Creek (off of the Patapsco), and Swan Creek, just north of Rock Hall.  Even got a swim in!
@(^.^)@  Ed
1977 P-323 #42 "Dolce Vita"
with rebuilt Atomic-4

Eddy

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 09:04:31 AM »
Very cool. Glad you all had a good weekend too. We went back to Mobjack this weekend and anchored on the North river this time at the plantation house there, the guide book I have calls it Greenmansion but also called something else by the folks we cruised with. Great swimming there too. Beautiful weekend but very little wind we motor/sailed most of the time. Wife took pics this time I'll post some up. Looking to head over to Eastern shore for our next outing thinking maybe Cape Charles.

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 11:27:32 AM »
We are doing a DelMarVa circumnavigation next week and plan to be in Cape Charles Town Harbor around the 19th. Maybe our paths will cross.
@(^.^)@  Ed
with rebuilt Atomic-4

Eddy

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 12:38:28 PM »
That sounds like a lot of fun. Would be neat to see another 323 out there. Hope you guys have a great cruise.

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 09:44:01 PM »
I just noticed you're in Gloucester Point.  By any chance, is your 323 the former "Dawn Treader" (hull #197)?
It was located in Gloucester Point when it went up for sale last year.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:54:12 PM by Dolce_Vita »
@(^.^)@  Ed
with rebuilt Atomic-4

Eddy

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 07:48:38 AM »
Hey, yes that's the one. We purchased in February and decided to stay at Yacht Haven we even kept the same slip. 

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 04:22:08 PM »
You should update the information in the owner's registry: http://www.pearson323.com/owners/registrybyhull.pdf

You can either e-mail the info to our illustrious webmaster (webmaster@pearson323.com)
or use the form: http://www.pearson323.com/owners/registration.html
@(^.^)@  Ed
with rebuilt Atomic-4

Carolina Dog

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Lucky Dog
  • City: Oriental
  • State: NC
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 10:39:16 PM »
Howdy folks. Newbie here so I am going to tack onto this topic of first cruise: I bought Lucky Dog, hull #205, from Carl Steele in Oriental NC. Super excited as the boat is meeting my expectations. Or perhaps I should say it is in about the shape I expected it to be and requiring about the level of rebuild I am comfortable with. So I am very happy with the purchase. Structurally she is solid as a rock and though the systems are dated with a little elbow oil things are shaping up :) I had originally planned on keeping her in Oriental while getting the engine ready for the trip to Georgetown SC (was running a little hot on survey). The weekend I went to make arrangements an old friend called and encouraged me to bring her to Belhaven. to the So the first trip was a long days sail. Perfect condition meant I did not have to run the dicey engine much and it was a fabulous reach down the Neuse and then a run to the Pamplico River where she lies stuffed off of Pungo Creek. That was in May. Since then we have fixed the motor (new impeller and hoses / cleaned the cooling system), re-plumbed the fresh and waste water systems, and are in the process of rewiring. Mast step is okay so I will replace the through hulls and chain plates in a couple of weeks and let it go for now. This winter I can replace the step and pull the stick. I sent the main and jib off to Sail Care in Ford City PA, they came back looking like new! So I am moving pretty fast and the goal is a trip across the Pamplico Sound in late September for a shake down then I will turn south for Goergetown SC where I keep a Venture of Newport 23 tied up the Sampit river. Anyone want to buy a perfect little Venture 23???
Lucky Dog