Author Topic: New Pearson Owner and New Member  (Read 1848 times)

JustinAlenScott

• Vanguard
  • Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: Vanguard
  • Vessel Name: Peace
  • City: Highlands
  • State: NJ
New Pearson Owner and New Member
« on: September 22, 2022, 12:16:16 PM »
Hello All! I'm Justin ☮️ I came here to introduce myself and to give thanks for having me here in this forum. I recently inherited the sailboat that my wife and I got married on. The previous captain was a dear friend of ours and we spent the last few years together learning how to sail and sharing all kinds of shenanigans. He passed away two months ago. We are continuing to restore the boat and sail in his memory and honor.

This will be a lifelong project for us and will fulfill our lifelong dreams. The captain would want it that way. Here is a little bit about the boat!

Peace is her name and our aim, she is a 1966 Pearson Vanguard 33, she's built good and strong and she needs a lot of work and we are glad for both. We may spend almost as much time together here as we do on the water. We will be sailing her around our local waters as we get her ready to sail up and down the coast and one day (many, many moons from now) all the way across. I'm looking forward to sharing our journey (even if the process is slow) and I'm very grateful for having somewhere to go for guidance.

Thank you for getting to know us a little bit here and for bringing us into your community forum.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Justin
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 07:53:39 AM by admin »

chuck stas

• P303
  • Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P303
  • Vessel Name: not named yet
  • City: trappe
  • State: Pa
Re: New Pearson Owner and New Member
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 08:54:45 AM »
good looking boat good luck with her enjoy.

TheSimpsonsOnSeabird

• P28
  • Pearson 28 Skipper
    • View Profile
  • Model: P28
  • Vessel Name: Seabird
  • City: Duneagle Shore
  • State: ME
Re: New Pearson Owner and New Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 01:52:27 PM »
What a great story. I'm sorry your friend passed, and am so happy for you that you get to continue forward maintaing a boat with so much meaning.

Beautiful pictures!
Good Winds!
-Lisa and Paul