General Category - Pearson Owners and Enthusiasts > General Discussion

mast foot bracket.

(1/2) > >>

chuck stas:
Good Morning, I'm trying to get some info on a part for a 1983 p303
At the bottom of the mast there's a bracket holding the mast onto the keel in the bilge area.  it seems rusted, anyone know it I can buy the replacement part or do I need to have it made ??
any info would help.

Dolce_Vita:
You'll have to have one made.  Its not a complicated job.  I had a new mast step for my P323 made by Carter Fabrications in Millersville, MD out of 1/2" aluminum plate.

chuck stas:
Thanks for the info I'll look the up.

DavidG:
Dolce_Vita, Thanks for the fabricator that did your mast plate as I am not sure whether I need one... yet!?  I have what I believe to be superficial rust on mine when I inspected it.  Most of the plate still has what looks like epoxy paint from when it was blasted and repainted 5-6 years ago.  There may have been some welding rebuilding done on it as I was rubbing around on it and felt like there was some weld buildup from maybe where there was previous pitting.  However, I see you went with Aluminum; would this because of elimination of dissimilar metals?  How has yours been holding up and did you coat it with anything or anodize it?  in the meantime, before I pull the mast for a demanding reason, I will clean mine up and epoxy paint it to keep on top of its maintenance.  I am interested in your thoughts!?

Dolce_Vita:
David,

The yard painted my aluminum mast step with Awlgrip.  This has held up perfectly at the step/mast interface, but there is some surface corrosion around the stainless steel lag bolts and washers that secure it to the keel, as I did not provide any additional galvanic isolation there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version