Author Topic: Removing the 2 foot x 4 foot (approx) Stern end of the teak holly cabin Sole  (Read 3648 times)

nickzchef

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: IntimSea
  • City: Marion, Massachusetts
  • State: MA
Good day all, been playing with removing this section, however I have to remove the Plywood wall that separates the desk from the salon?
It just won't slide out? I can see one screw on the right side where the plywood dissapears into the glass but it is loose and not in the way. If there are other screws they would seem to be hidden behind more glass? I prodded with a long knife into the sleeve opening built into the glass, and feel no other screws??

Is there some secret I am missing to slide out this wall so I can access this section of flooring completely?  For the purposes of sliding out the old flooring and inserting the new.
I don't think it can be done without this wall sliding out?

See the Photo, and the divider wall up against the Nav. Desk. I'm pretty sure it needs to be "slid" out to access the Sole screws underneath

Many Thanks
Nick Z
Hull 319
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 04:05:15 PM by nickzchef »

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
  • Vessel Name: Dolce Vita
  • City: Pasadena
  • State: MD
Nick,

I was able to remove the plywood flooring without removing the bulkhead, but it was tough.  I had two advantages: 1) I removed the whole floor and did this piece last.  This gave me a little more wiggle room.  2) The flooring was water damaged and delaminating, so it had a bit of flex to it, and I wasn't too worried about damaging it as I was going to replace it.  (that was 4 years and over 3000nm ago, and I still haven't done it!).

One thing I remember is that I had to remove the the storage hatch under the stove, the water foot pump, and the lower brackets for the ladder, in order to lift it enough to begin sliding it out.
@(^.^)@  Ed
1977 P-323 #42 "Dolce Vita"
with rebuilt Atomic-4

nickzchef

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Thanks for your reply. I did get the wall removed. I cannot really reply properly as the site will not allow me?  Says my file is too large?? say photo
images has a limit of 4 kilobytes?  My editor cannot even make images this small?

Wall is out, floor is removed and home now. Wall was tightly fitted and tapped into place, after 41 years some wood swelling, took brute to remove, but done

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
  • Vessel Name: Dolce Vita
  • City: Pasadena
  • State: MD
That limit is 4096 KILOBYTES (KB) , which is 4 MB.

As a rule of thumb, if you resize your images to around 800 x 1000 pixels, this should keep the image file well under 4 MB and be plenty of resolotion for viewing.
@(^.^)@  Ed
1977 P-323 #42 "Dolce Vita"
with rebuilt Atomic-4

nickzchef

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
I tried 2 more times, took your suggestion.....I find this site unresponsive and bizarre, will switch to another site. Thanks