Author Topic: Pearson bronze shaft strut and D&R Marine  (Read 2408 times)

admin

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Captain Bri
    • View Profile
    • Red Sky Sails
  • Model: Ensign
  • State: CT
Pearson bronze shaft strut and D&R Marine
« on: October 23, 2021, 10:08:24 AM »
As the website administrator I received the following info from a Pearson owner regarding a parts resource.   
Hello,

I have a Pearson 323 and my shaft strut was worn out.  After lots of research and some luck I found a guy who claims to have bought the original molds.  He is casting me a new replacement.  I wanted to share this information with any and all Pearson owners as it was very hard to find and not linked to common search engines.

here you go:

D&R Marine Inc.
PO Box 921
14 Water Street
Assonet, MA 02702

I understand the D&R Marine may be up for sale (retirement) --- it would be good to update this site with any information regarding new owners.

Hi Pearson folk. Just off phone with Rudy at D and R Marine he is retiring and looking for buyer.

Oct 15, 2021, Reply to above:

Not surprising, he already has a handful of interested parties....putting the word out here as courtesy just in case someone here might have interest or know of person or company that might like the opportunity to own D and R Marine.

I am new to the Pearson family and in just 2 years I have found it remarkable how often D and R, and Rudy come up in discussion as a go-to resource.

I have spoken to Rudy a few times about my boat and my P30 salvage project. He is always busy and still patient, welcoming, and helpful.  So much knowledge and experience, good human being.  I hope he finds a great buyer and a way to share some of the legacy Pearson and O'Day knowledge and expertise that he has accumulated which his simply priceless.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 10:18:42 AM by admin »
Captain Bri

Sundownersforme

• P32
  • Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: Sheets n Giggles
  • City: North East
  • State: MD
Re: Pearson bronze shaft strut and D&R Marine
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 04:21:05 PM »
To clarify, he has molds for Pearson in general, not solely the 323.