Author Topic: New member checking in..  (Read 2491 times)

uvantu

• P36
  • Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P36
  • Vessel Name: Varekai
  • City: Bar Harbor
  • State: ME
New member checking in..
« on: July 10, 2021, 09:42:14 PM »
Hello All,
I'm new to the forum as well as the new owner of P 36-2cb Hull #135.  She is quite the upgrade for me as my most recent other boat is a Kells 23 Coaster.  I figure I may not have the time for "2 feet at a time" so skipped ahead a few steps to the 36. Unfortunately she's currently sitting on the hard outside of Annapolis and I'm in Bar Harbor trying to indenture an experienced crew to help me bring her home.  If anyone is interested or knows someone who might be interested making what should be a really nice summer cruise don't hesitate to reach out.  Hoping to shove off at the end of this month.    She's in pretty decent shape for 35 years old, but I'll see if I can't smooth out a few wrinkles and make her really "shine".  One other thing, for now, if anyone has the torque spec for the keel bolts  I'd appreciate if you'd share that little nugget.

Fair winds for you all.

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: Dolce Vita
  • City: Pasadena
  • State: MD
Re: New member checking in..
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 10:49:44 AM »
That looks like Casa Rio Marina on Cadle Creek.  I used to launch out of there.

Welcome to the forum! I know exactly what you mean about jumping up in size.  When we went from a 21' San Juan to a 32' Pearson, the deck looked like an aircraft carrier!  ;D
Now, I wish she was just a few feet longer...

I wish you luck on your cruise.  Sounds like fun!  If I wasn't already committed to drive an RV (to Maine!) in late July/early August, I'd volunteer!
@(^.^)@  Ed
1977 P-323 #42 "Dolce Vita"
with rebuilt Atomic-4

uvantu

• P36
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 12:56:59 PM »
Good eye!  That is Casa Rio, and if I lived down there I would definitely keep her there.  It may not be the snazzyest of marinas but Judy and Nancy have been absolutely wonderful to work with.  They have been so very helpful and that's knowing that I'm not a regular customer.  Their attitude seems so rare these days but it gives me a little bit of hope.  Now, as for you, come on, really?  You'd pass up the opportunity to sail to Maine for driving a land barge there, with all the traffic, and bad drivers on the highway!   ::) >:(  Do you still have the 32'?

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: Dolce Vita
  • City: Pasadena
  • State: MD
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 08:24:48 AM »
...Now, as for you, come on, really?  You'd pass up the opportunity to sail to Maine for driving a land barge there, with all the traffic, and bad drivers on the highway!   ::) >:( 

Sigh, you're killing me here!  Driving the RV is definitely not my first choice.  But it's for my 96 year-old mother.  She wants to go up to our summer place in Maine one more time, but is afraid to stop at any rest stops or resturants along the way out of covid concerns (even though she's vaccinated).  So renting the RV was her answer.  And that had to be setup 6 months in advance.

Do you still have the 32'?

Yes indeed.  She's a P323, and we've put a lot of miles on her.  Made two trips of 9 months duration each, going down the ICW to Florida, then over to the Bahamas.  I'm itching to do that again!  I'm currently finishing up a a project to replace or rebuild all of the eight ports on her.  See this thread for some highlights.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 08:30:17 AM by Dolce_Vita »
@(^.^)@  Ed
1977 P-323 #42 "Dolce Vita"
with rebuilt Atomic-4

uvantu

• P36
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 07:43:59 AM »
Ok, All is forgiven under the circumstances.  But next time no excuses! 

I like the project, after all, how hard could it be, right?  ;)