Author Topic: Deck Organizer plate - P26  (Read 3150 times)

FinnBoru

• P26
  • Pearson 26 Owner
    • View Profile
  • Model: P26
  • Vessel Name: Seeker
  • City: Charlevoix
  • State: MI
Deck Organizer plate - P26
« on: February 27, 2021, 10:30:06 AM »
Hello fellow Pearson owners.  Our P26 is hull 768, late 1973.  We want to redirect the main, jib, and spin halyards back to the cockpit.  I am curious if an existing deck plate for the mast step is out there and available, or if this is something I will need to design and have built.  Any info someone has is greatly appreciated.
Seeker Hull 768

Winkj63

• P26
  • Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P26
  • Vessel Name: Peregrinations
  • City: Norfolk
  • State: Va
Re: Deck Organizer plate - P26
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 07:33:38 PM »
My P26 main and jib halyards run aft to the cockpit. There isn’t an organizer or anything, just cheek blocks on each side of the mast that direct the lines over the coaming and aft to cam cleats on top of the cabin. A single winch in the middle is for use by both with a cleat left of the hatch opening to hang the excess line on.
I’m not happy with this setup and I’m about to re-work the location, height and type of cleats with separate ones one each side of the winch.
The cheek blocks are 12”-16” up from the mast step in order for the lines to clear the coaming with the jib on the left and main on the right. My jib halyard enters the sheaves from the front and exits at the rear. Main halyard enters from the rear and exits at the front and the cheek block placement keeps them separate.