Author Topic: Hull Dead Rise for Thru hull Transducer  (Read 6999 times)

rbrtfeld

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: RockStar
  • City: San Pedro
  • State: CA
Hull Dead Rise for Thru hull Transducer
« on: January 09, 2012, 11:56:43 AM »
Does anyone know what the hull dead rise is where the stock thru hulls are located near the sea water intake for the head?????  I am getting new garmin 740s chartplotter installed and need to put transducer in for the Depth and temp.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:42:51 AM by SeaFever »

Now or Never!

• P323
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Now or Never!
  • City: Brunswick
  • State: GA
Re: Hull Dead Rise for Thru hull Transducer
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 07:23:04 PM »
I installed a transducer for my Garmin chartplotter under the settee on the starboard side of the mast.  This is an inhull (reads through the fiberglass) transducer.  I did not need to know the dead rise.  The transducer came with detailed instructions on how to adjust it for any hull angle.  It was not necessary to know what the angle was.  A very simple installation.

AnaMeg

• P323
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: AnaMeg
  • City: Superior
  • State: WI
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 05:28:39 PM »
I have a small well molded into the bottom near the mast on the starboard side that looks like it was for a transducer like now or never installed. There is a cover for it suggesting it might have held water or some other media for the transducer. My transducer was under the aft settee locker on the starboard side. It was external transducer but someone had made a little boat shaped box and attached it on the hull. It looked kind of silly and was obviously a drag. I got rid of it and now the transducer is in that same place (aft starboard settee locker near center line) but flush with the hull. I had the shop do it, not comfortable making or fixing holes in the hull. If you can get the internal transducer it would be an easy install.

Geoff

rbrtfeld

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: RockStar
  • City: San Pedro
  • State: CA
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 07:31:39 PM »
In case anyone wants to put a new Transducer in, we put in a Airmar 12 degree that works perfect. It is hooked up to a new garmin 720s Chartplotter