Author Topic: P36 Standing Rigging Replacement  (Read 3318 times)

ABardone

• P36
  • Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P36
  • Vessel Name: Ajax
  • City: Norfolk
  • State: VA
P36 Standing Rigging Replacement
« on: October 10, 2020, 12:08:55 PM »
Hi everyone, I own a 1973 Pearson P36 and am getting ready do replace all of the standing rigging and connections. A couple questions, first does anyone know the size of cable that should be used on the P36 and is it the same size throughout? Also, I am looking for a good affordable supplier to purchase from for this project, the internet is riddled with different companies but its so hard to determine which are legit and supply quality items at a fair price. Thanks for any response :)

Andrew

rnebergall

• P323
  • P323 Owner
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: Zufrieden
  • City: Grand Marais
  • State: MN
Re: P36 Standing Rigging Replacement
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 05:54:46 PM »
I don't know the sizes needed, but unless you don't have the old stuff, you can send it in for duplication.

It's been five years now, but I used https://www.riggingandhardware.com to replace life lines on my P323.  They also do standing rigging.  I calculated the cost per lineal foot, and for each piece of hardware, then added the labor for swaged fittings.  Sent in the originals to be sure I got an exact match, and it all came out perfectly done, at exactly the price I calculated based on the numbers on their web site.  The price was way less than half what my local marina wanted for the very same thing, including shipping the old stuff.

Good luck.