Author Topic: Re: Ports  (Read 3176 times)

Alma

• P323
    • View Profile
    • GeneSmithStudio
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: ALMA
  • City: Forked River, NJ
  • State: NJ
Re: Ports
« on: September 25, 2020, 05:40:12 PM »
I was told by the owner of this beauty many years ago that it came from Pearson with these fantastic ports.

Since I'm likely to keep ALMA I'm kicking around getting rid of me "Picture Windows" and sealing up the cabin and cutting in Newfound Metals opening ports.

I rolled and tipped the "bandit stripe" 20 years ago so the exterior would be not so difficult. The interior would require some creative refurb of the hull liner where the old holes were.

Just a thought-

Look at this beauty! (Imagine an opening port over the stove and at the nav-station!)

rbrtfeld

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: RockStar
  • City: San Pedro
  • State: CA
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 07:33:27 PM »
Really nice. I replaced my four forward ports this year with Newfound metal ports and they are such an improvement. I have thought about your Idea many times. I think it’s very possible with some teak interior trim to cover the changes.

selene

• P323
  • Mighty Member
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Selene
  • City: Redwood City
  • State: CA
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 08:20:20 PM »
I went for the bronze for the 4 ports forward. Replacing the picture windows is certainly an interesting idea...I'd have to refer to NFM, I bet you could put in a couple of wider ports where the picture windows were. They would look great. As you said, it is the interior that would be the challenge.

Incidentally, I already have a port in the galley, on the bulkhead above the sink/icebox. It is great, keeps the air circulating, I love it.