Author Topic: pearson ensign blade lead block track location  (Read 4498 times)

Wayne Miller

• Resolute
  • Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: Resolute
  • City: Huntsville
  • State: AL
pearson ensign blade lead block track location
« on: September 19, 2020, 06:43:30 PM »
restoring an older ensign and confused about the location of the track for a blade jib, pics seem to show two different locations on the cabin top. one is significantly behind and outboard of the forward track which is fairly inboard and just barely behind the mast, guidance?

Captain Bri

• Brian
  • Ensign
  • Sailmaker
    • View Profile
    • RedSkySails.com
  • Model: Ensign
  • City: Anytown
  • State: Ct
Re: pearson ensign blade lead block track location
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 11:12:08 AM »
The jib blade tracks are the fore-most tracks on the deck plan, item #35.  Their midpoint is 7'6" aft of the stem-head on a diagonal line but I can' read the dimensions from centerline.  I need to mount them on my Ensign also.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 11:14:57 AM by Captain Bri »
Men and Ships; Rot in Port

Captain Bri

• Brian
  • Ensign
  • Sailmaker
    • View Profile
    • RedSkySails.com
  • Model: Ensign
  • City: Anytown
  • State: Ct
Re: pearson ensign blade lead block track location
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 12:15:48 PM »
I took a look out on the Ensign class forum and found an interesting discussion thread on the blade jib tracks with the following quote:
For racing you have to install them where the Class indicates. If for cruising the better location is along the outboard edge of the cabin deck. As far outboard as possible.

Even though I am no longer racing my plan is to configure my boat to adhere to one design rules as designated on the deck plan. One fleet who use blade jibs exclusively has come up with a clever way to move the sheeting angle outboard with a 2:1 sheet through a pad eye and trim it with a dedicated winch.

Men and Ships; Rot in Port