Author Topic: P38-Double Cabin AC pump relay  (Read 5496 times)

Capn Kirk

• Pearson Yacht Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: other
  • Vessel Name: Memories
  • City: Pompano Bch
  • State: fl
P38-Double Cabin AC pump relay
« on: April 28, 2019, 05:03:58 PM »
Hello everyone.  I am currently fixing up a P38-DC which is a motor yacht made by Pearson in the 80's.  I have a 1988 model and I am now fixing the AC's.  At least one of the three units is operational but I cannot find the pump relay.  I realize that most of you have sailboats but if anyone has experience as to where Pearson may have hidden the relay for the pump, I would be most grateful.  I have the original schematics but the relay seems to not be there or hidden.  Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:52:23 AM by admin »

Capn Kirk

• View Profile
Re: AC pump relay
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 09:54:37 AM »
Well, I found the relay for the AC's.  They are Luminaire Marine Brand AC's which I think is no longer in business.  The relay ended up being UNDER THE REFRIGERATOR!  I think it was easier to access at one time but the previous owner put in a larger 110v refrigerator that is larger and the access panel is now gone.  What a pain but we got it out of the space and the relay was FRIED so...  Got one of three AC's running with a new AC pump and fiddling with the AC in the back cabin.  It cools like a champ but the Thermostat and controls are not working properly.  Any ideas on where I can get a compatible control unit?  I think the unit looks similar to a MarineAir unit that I have seen before.  Thanks for any help you may have.

Capn Kirk

• View Profile
Re: AC pump relay
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 07:08:40 PM »
Today we checked the other two units.  Got lucky with the Forward one but the split unit in the salon is kaput!  Thinking of replacing it with a (non-split) marine unit.  16k unit would be more than enough.  Any experienced folks in this area have any advice?