Author Topic: CRAZY ALERT  (Read 245 times)

rbrtfeld

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: RockStar
  • City: San Pedro
  • State: CA
CRAZY ALERT
« on: October 06, 2017, 06:37:22 PM »
I might have gone crazy today. There was a 1981 Pearson 323 #314 for sale on Ebay. For some crazy reason I happened to see it and bought it for $3,650. It has been sitting on the hard for a while and would need some work to get it back floating again. I have a survey available if anyone might know someone in the Jacksonville Florida area that might want to take this on. With that in mind I think there are parts on this boat that are quite useful and valuable to anyone that has a 323 with broken or missing parts. I hate to see her get salvaged but maybe that is her fate. If anyone needs anything let me know and maybe we can make it happen. It has a Volvo MD 11 that was running when placed on the hard but probably is good for parts only. According to the survey, it has hardware for a Dodger and Bimini but no canvas. It also has a Harken Roller Furler and Lewmar #8 winches. (not sure by pictures if they are self tailing). The Survey mentioned the sails are above average condition and were constructed by North Sails. I might send them to be cleaned and keep them unless anyone else really needs to have them. If you want to look at the survey you can email me at rbrtfeld@aol.com and I will forward it to you. Fair winds to all.

Bob

Alma

• P323
    • View Profile
    • GeneSmithStudio
  • Vessel Name: ALMA
  • City: Cape May
  • State: NJ
Re: CRAZY ALERT
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 01:51:50 PM »
Call me CRAZY! I'm looking for a companionway hatch 'storm cover' that was an option for the 323
If you're sailing past Cape May give us a shout-out!

Rusty Pelican

• P323
  • http://rustypelican.blogspot.com/
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Rusty Pelican
  • City: Hingham
  • State: MA
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 09:25:18 AM »
You got the optional bow pulpit?

rbrtfeld

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 05:13:07 PM »
I am attaching the survey of the 323 I bought in case anyone is interested. I am going to to try to get to Florida soon to take a look myself and decide if she is worth saving or get as many parts off her as I can. If anyone reads this and lives near Jacksonville, Florida, please call me at 406-855-6682.

Bob

SeaFever

• Brian
  • P323
  • Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • RedSkySails.com
  • Vessel Name: Sea Fever
  • City: Morehead City
  • State: NC
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 08:48:01 AM »
If you decide to part out I am interested.  I need the swing out sink in the head and the sliding door to the vberth.  Also could use hatches that are in one piece.

I don't see the survey attached.
Men and Ships; Rot in Port

rbrtfeld

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 02:10:27 PM »
I will let you know as soon as I can. I have a brand new Hatch for over the main cabin in White if your interested. They sell for about $1,000. I got it for 500 plus shipping. I can take a picture if that works for you. I was going to use it for my boat but had to replace the V berth hatch that I broke a hinge. The new one is in Black so I want to keep both the same color. You can contact me at rbrtfeld@aol.com

Bob

selene

• P323
  • Mighty Member
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Selene
  • City: Redwood City
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 11:56:54 AM »
I always fancied a portside air vent, to match the one on starboard...of course making the big holes through the cabintop would be rather unnerving.

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
  • Vessel Name: Dolce Vita
  • City: Pasadena
  • State: MD
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 11:02:53 AM »
If you're going to salvage her, I could use the two ring pulls off of the icebox lid and the silverware tray, and the latch on the door under the sink.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:04:32 AM by Dolce_Vita »
@(^.^)@  Ed
1977 P-323 #42 "Dolce Vita"
with rebuilt Atomic-4

Chance

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: CHANCE
  • City: Milwaukee
  • State: WI
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 08:57:25 PM »
If you are going to salvage her.  I could use the anchor well cover if in good shape, also  the latch for opening and locking it close.  Bob K