Author Topic: Cabin Window Curtains  (Read 7265 times)

Sea Haven

Cabin Window Curtains
« on: October 14, 2014, 03:32:06 PM »
All,

Anyone know of a good source to replace the curtains throughout the cabin?

Thee current ones appear to be original, a stomach churning late 70's bile-puke yellow.

I surfed around and the closest I can come up with is to possibly modify off-the-shelf window valances.
Short of sewing new ones myself. I REALLY don't want to pick up another skill much less a sewing machine lol.
Heck I already own a 30yd bolt of Pub Red Naugahyde to do the cushions and that's enough for me!!

Can't seem to find a fabricator (custom or otherwise) out there, so ANY help would be appreciated!

My other choice is to go with OCEANAIR pleated shades, but I want a better selection of color.

"Sub" Ed

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: Dolce Vita
  • City: Pasadena
  • State: MD
Re: Cabin Window Curtains
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 11:35:34 PM »
A friend of mine went to Home depot, bought some mini-blinds of the appropriate width, shortened them to fit, and installed retainer brackets at the bottom to keep them from swinging around.  All standard, inexpensive stuff.  Sure, its not marine grade, but at the enormous difference in cost for marine mini-blinds, he figures he can replace them quite a few times and still be ahead of the game!
@(^.^)@  Ed
1977 P-323 #42 "Dolce Vita"
with rebuilt Atomic-4

Sea Haven

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 11:29:56 AM »
Sounds like a plan!

I'll post photo's with whatever I end up with.

Thanks Ed!

The Great Godsea

• P323
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: The Great Godsey
  • City: New Rochelle
  • State: NY
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 04:50:40 PM »
we replaced all of the curtains over the winter. we found a great seamstress in Bayonne NJ. we picked out fabric... i think we found it online from a fabric supplier, got a sample, and took carmen (the seamstress) the old curtains. she told us how much fabric to order and then she made brand new PERFECT sized and structured curtains for us. i picked up the little hangers at lockwood marine down in morgan nj. carmen sewed the hangers into the curtains and boom... all done.  they look fantastic. i'll get her name and phone number and update this msg string with the info tomorrow.

Sea Haven

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 10:40:23 AM »
i'll get her name and phone number and update this msg string with the info tomorrow.

Please do!

Thanks!!

"Sub" Ed

The Great Godsea

• P323
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: The Great Godsey
  • City: New Rochelle
  • State: NY
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 09:44:54 AM »
Ok. sorry for the delay.
we had new curtains made by: Bayonne slip covers.

https://plus.google.com/108435406348757994612/about?gl=us&hl=en

Bayonne Plastic Covers
552 Avenue C #1 Bayonne, NJ 07002
(201) 339-4346

wonderful people. Ask for Carmen