Author Topic: Original line drawings  (Read 5729 times)

fiatracer163

• P323
  • P323 Maven
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • City: Milwaukee, WI
Original line drawings
« on: March 22, 2014, 08:59:46 PM »
I would like to know where the original line drawings are. When Pearson closed shop did they toss them?

Also, did all 323's come with a helm seat or was that an option? And are there and formal plans for the helm seat?

My Cyn

• P323
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: My Cyn
  • City: Alameda
  • State: CA
Re: Original line drawings
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 02:28:27 PM »
In July 2012 I I was trying to find the original production drawings.

I corresponded briefly with a gentleman named Scott Bryant who was with Pearson Marine Group:

Hi Bill - Unfortunately we don’t have any of that information anymore.
Everett Pearson sold the brand back in the 70's and that was the last time we ever had any of the technical information.  Since then the molds and IP exchanged hands a couple of times until it went out of business in the 80's.
We acquired the name only about 10 years ago.  Your best bet is to track down other owners through the internet.

Best,

Scott

From there I contact Jerry Powlass with the magazine "Good Old Boat":

Hi Bill

Good luck there.  We don't have any inside knowledge.  You might try our Associations page on our web site.  There are a lot of contacts there.

I ended my search there due to other event however those old drawings would be priceless to a P323 owner.

Regards,

Bill

fiatracer163

• P323
  • P323 Maven
    • View Profile
  • City: Milwaukee, WI
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 02:57:14 PM »
I hate to think that someone just tossed them, and I hope that they are not just rotting away in a garage or basement somewhere.

I'll have a go on Sailnet.com with the same question. I would love to get a good copy, or the original, to hang up in my office.

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
  • Vessel Name: Dolce Vita
  • City: Pasadena
  • State: MD
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 09:29:57 AM »
Last year, I went on a quest to find someone who had full size copies of the original line drawings and sail plan.  Several people responded, and the results were archived on this site, under the "Documents" section off of the top-leel home page.

http://www.pearson323.com/p323documents.html
@(^.^)@  Ed
1977 P-323 #42 "Dolce Vita"
with rebuilt Atomic-4