Author Topic: Another New owner  (Read 7621 times)

Weatherhelm

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
  • Vessel Name: Barefoot
  • City: Saint Paul
  • State: MN
Another New owner
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:01:31 PM »
Hi All,
Just finished the purchase of "Barefoot"  hull number 149 Located at Barkers Island Marina in Superior Wisconsin. She has been sitting on the hard for 4 years.  generally she is in good shape,  interior is still great. So next spring I will begin her refit.  In Superior last Saturday  it was blowing about 35 and the temp was 49 deg F.  Horizontal rain!   to my surprise there was one hardy soul out there plowing through the waves.  It's going to be a long winter, but I will have plenty of time to plan.

Cheers
Ron Wolfgram
Saint Paul, MN

PS: was the anchor platform/bow Sprite an option?  seems some 323's have it and others do not. not dependent on the year.  Barefoot does not

Dolce_Vita

• P323
    • View Profile
    • S/V Dolce Vita
  • Vessel Name: Dolce Vita
  • City: Pasadena
  • State: MD
Re: Another New owner
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »
Hi Ron,

Welcome to the forum.  We've got quite a collection of 323 owners here, with all kinds of helpful information.  If you want to know something, don't hesitate to ask.  There are no stupid questions.

As for the bowsprit, it seems that is was an option, as I have seen or heard of several 323's without one.
@(^.^)@  Ed
1977 P-323 #42 "Dolce Vita"
with rebuilt Atomic-4

Wandering_bill

• P323
  • Hull #193 'Wanderer'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 04:22:25 PM »
Welcome Ron!  I just purchased Hull 193 about a week before you in S Florida.

From what I've gathered, these boats had tons of options/upgrades including the bow sprit, v-berth water tank, propane oven, etc.

Enjoy your boat and re-fit!
Www.sailingwanderer.com

Sweet Pea

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Sweet Pea
  • City: Bayfield
  • State: WI
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 09:41:52 PM »
Hi Ron! I looked at Barefoot but opted to buy another 323. Barefoot does have a great interior.  Are you going to keep her at Barkers Island? I'm at Port Superior near Bayfield, WI.

Weatherhelm

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Barefoot
  • City: Saint Paul
  • State: MN
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 09:11:26 PM »
Hi sweet pea
For this year (2014) I will keep her at Barkers.  I have a lot of work to do and they have a great shop.  but I would really be more interested in being near the apostle's  my first love on lake superior.  I am looking at the marina at cornucopia,  looks nice.  I do love the community at Bayfield  great group of sailors!