Author Topic: Ahoy all!  (Read 10641 times)

Dave

• P323
  • P323 hull #376
    • View Profile
  • Model: P323
Ahoy all!
« on: March 08, 2012, 09:17:49 PM »
We purchased a 1982, hull number 376 last week.

We were going to sail her back from Pensacola to Destin and then on to Panama City and leave it there until spring break. After playing on it for a few days we would then sail it home to Carrabelle Florida. Then the storms hit Saturday and I changed the plans and found a nice marina in Pensacola to keep her for three weeks. When mother nature say it is not the time to go, you stay.

Here is the boat

Interior

I am sure everyone on this site has seen this layout a million times in their own boats. IN the last picture of the Vberth there is a bag with a new Main sail and a never used 150 genoa set up for the furler.

Here is the video of the day we took it sailing.

http://youtu.be/KsX1VAGj40M

I have been hooked on sailing ever since my mother's friend took me out on a Hobie 16 when I was 14. I have been sailing ever since off and on. I enjoy all aspects of sailing and we own the Pearson of course but we also own a Catalina 22 that we use on lake close to our home. We also sail a Johnson 16 scowl. I compete a few times a year in Snipes. We just love to sail. I am blessed with a wife that is a wonderful sailor. We have been sailing together for 20 years. We bought a Prindle 19 after we were married and we have never looked back. At the young age of 38 my wife has a bunch of experience, but she would never say that.

I will probably be asking a lot of questions from y'all. We plan on sailing her across the gulf from Carrabelle to Tampa and then to the keys and weather permitting, on to Bimini. If the weather says something different, we will go to the Tortugas.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:39:42 PM by Dave »
Dave

adventurer, ex-hippy, good timer, (crook? quite possibly), manic self-publicist, terribly bad at personal relationships, often thought to be completely out to lunch

selene

• P323
  • Mighty Member
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Selene
  • City: Redwood City
  • State: CA
Re: Ahoy all!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:56:08 AM »
Congratulations!  Looks like a clean boat. Your smile at the end says it all...

Dave

• P323
  • P323 hull #376
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 05:25:44 PM »
Thank you. I think that smile represents the years it has taken to get to the boat that I have always wanted. I still have a lot of work to make her the way I can see her being in my mind.

I hope the name comes to us soon. M wife really likes Searenity. Our Oday 25 name was a no brainer. Recess, as we are both teachers.
Dave

adventurer, ex-hippy, good timer, (crook? quite possibly), manic self-publicist, terribly bad at personal relationships, often thought to be completely out to lunch

ARICHE

• P323
  • P323 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: ARICHE,,, Irish for AGAIN
  • City: Biddeford
  • State: ME
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:33:52 PM »
Congrats Dave.  You will love her as much as anyone can love another human.... She will test your patience at times, but Pearson really created a gem of a boat.  She's heavy enough to cover your back and nimble enough to dance on any floor!

Paul McDonough, retired but still still teaching
Hull # 100

Dave

• P323
  • P323 hull #376
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:35:25 PM »
Thank you Paul,

As a teacher you can probably appreciate that I am trying to think if I can sail to Europe and back in just 2 1/2 months. We spend al of our long breaks doing coastal cruises and last summer spent almost the whole summer living on our Oday 25. I am pretty safe in assuming this summer is going to be more comfortable.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:51:20 PM by Dave »
Dave

Now or Never!

• P323
    • View Profile
  • Vessel Name: Now or Never!
  • City: Brunswick
  • State: GA
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 08:34:48 PM »
We love "Now or Never!" hull number 125.  We spend 5 months a year on her and have never had an uncomfortable moment.  This year, we boarded the first week of Nov, 2011.  Today, March 11, 2012, we are still aboard, in Hopetown, Elbow Cay, Abacos, Bahamas.

Peter

Dave

• P323
  • P323 hull #376
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »
Peter,

Y'all are living my dream. I am very happy we have 2 1/2 months in the summer to cruise but it does limit where and how far we can go. I cannot wait for the day my wife and I can retire and go on very extended cruises. That is over 12 years away though......unless I win the lottery........which of course would require me to actually buy a lotto ticket.

Dave
Dave